We are now encouraging patients who have regular repeat medication, to place their orders early to cover the Christmas and New Year period.
E- Mailed Prescription Requests
Please be aware that we will not accept e.mailed requests for medication to our generic email account firstname.lastname@example.org
from 1st September 2018.
Please sign up for Online Services.
If you sign up for Online Services you can:
- Book and cancel appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Apply to view your medical records
- View blood test results
Please call into reception with some photographic ID and a recent utility bill, sign our agreement form, and we will give you a password so you can log onto your own medical records via our website:
We do not accept verbal requests over the telephone for repeat prescriptions. All requests must be made as follows:
- Please use the right-hand side of your repeat prescription slip and tick each item as required and then drop the slip into the prescription post box in reception, or post it through the door.
- You can request in writing, stating clearly the items you require, please print your name, date of birth, address, who prescribed the medication and also the strength and dosage.
- If you want your prescription to be sent through the post, please enclose a Stamped Addressed Envelope.
- You can also log onto SystmOnline. If you have a password please click on the image below. If you do not yet have a password but would like one please contact the surgery. (The registration process is simple. You need to show some ID and the receptionist will issue you with a password which will be activated within 24 hours).
Please remember - your prescription will be ready after 48 hours (2 working days) from the practice, but please also allow the pharmacy 2 days to process your prescription if you have signed up for electronic prescribing. Thank you.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.