FLU DELIVERY UPDATE 20.11.2020
For the latest information on flu clinics please ring us and speak to a member of the admin team. They can advise you of your eligibility and make you an appointment.
Flu Clinic Guidance 2020
Flu Planning 2020
This year we will be inviting our high risk patients who have been shielding to have their annual flu vaccinations first. The practice expects all patients attending for a vaccination to follow the guidance instruction below to ensure that we can offer safe delivery of vaccinations to patients.
Please follow these instructions when attending for your vaccination :
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to... If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this. Our staff will be following the NHS England guidelines for wearing and changing their PPE in order to keep you safe.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. You can bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to but this will be available in the foyer. Please ensure you sanitise your hands on entering the practice.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the queue marshall who will be wearing a luminous yellow jacket.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshall on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
We are now sending our invites for the children's Fluenz vaccination for 2-3yrs olds. Our children's nurse, Tracy will be delivering this service. If you have received a text message inviting your child in, please call any weekday after 11am to make an appointment.
If you are a housebound patient we will check if you would like your flu vaccination this year and let you know when we will be coming to administer this for you.
If you are eligible for a shingles or pneumonia vaccination you will be invited in by letter.