ADULT SELF CARE
MY LIFE WARRINGTON
CHILDRENS SELF CARE
NHS CHOICES SELF CARE
EMERGENCY DENTAL TREATMENT
• If you start to feel unwell, at the first sign of a winter illness, even if it is just a cough or cold, get advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious.
• Don’t put off getting the flu vaccination. If you’re eligible get it now. It’s free because you need it.
• Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start. Many GPs and pharmacies will close over the holidays.
• Do you suffer from breathlessness? Find out if you are eligible for a free flu jab.
• It is important to keep warm in winter – both inside and outdoors as it can help to prevent colds, flu and more serious health problems, such as heart attacks, strokes pneumonia and depression. Heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can, you might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
• Make sure you speak to your pharmacists about medicines you should have in stock to help get you and your family through the winter season.
• Make sure you’re receiving all the help to heat your home that you are entitled to. Find out more here: nhs.uk/staywell
• Keeping an eye out for elderly relatives and neighbours and supporting them in the cold weather can help them Stay Well This Winter.